We are beginning our archery unit for 6-8th graders! To review or practice the 11 steps, read below or watch the video for more tips!
1) STANCE: open target side foot and shoulder width apart
2) NOCK ARROW: grab below the vanes, thumb down, lift up and over vertical bow **always point arrow tip toward target**
3) DRAW HAND SET: hook the bow string in the archer's groove
4) BOW HAND SET: center the bow's grip under the lifeline
5) PRE-DRAW: bring the bow up to face target and rotate bow arm elbow down and away
6) DRAW: with draw arm parallel to the ground, smoothly pull the string towards the face
7) ANCHOR: index finger of draw hand on corner of mouth
8) AIM: align the string and arrow tip on the target
9) SHOT SET UP: maintain active bow muscles while keeping arrow tip pointed to target
10) RELEASE: relax the hooked draw hand fingers
11) FOLLOW THROUGH: allow arm to relax to shoulder and look to target to see what you can do better next time
For our quiz, make sure you are familiar with the 11 steps, how to run through the range (whistle signals and safety), and certain parts of the bow (arrow rest, nock locator, cam, string).
Mr. Jahnke's P.E. Updates
This page will contain posts for both students and parents and will be updated as regularly as possible!